Welcome to Montgomery County Middle School. We have approximately 300 students in grades 6-8 and a teaching staff of 25. Our staff is working to achieve our vision of the perfect school through participation in professional learning communities. Our focus is on learning, not teaching. We strive to ensure that all of our students are learning. We continuously work to improve our knowledge to achieve this vision.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call me. I can be reached during the day at 573-564-2253 ext. 5072. If I am not available, please leave a message and I will get back to you. You can also reach me at email@example.com .
Chris Parker, Principal
This vision statement serves as the blueprint for improvement and the benchmark by which we evaluate our progress.
- Maintains high expectations
- Engages in the mastery of challenging curricula
- Approaches academic performance with confidence and integrity
- Utilizes current technological advances
Faculty and Staff
- Inspires lifelong learners
- Contributes to school and community
- Commits to professional improvement
- Ensures academic success
- Celebrates success
- Ensures a safe and positive environment
- Demonstrates mutual respect
- Supports student learning
- Utilizes open lines of communication
- Demonstrates pride in our school and community
- Remains informed
- Focuses on learning
- Willing to take positive risks
- Accepts personal responsibility
- Recognizes mistakes as opportunities
- Shares decision making
- Leads by example
- Promotes and protects the vision
The vision statement represents a collaborative effort of the administration, faculty and staff, parents, community members and students.
1. What do we want our students to know and be able to do?
2. How will we know when they have learned it?
3. What will we do when students are not learning or being successful?
4. What will we do when students already know the material and are being highly successful?
"Learning Today for a Better Tomorrow."
During the 2010-2011 school year, our faculty, staff, students and parents worked together to develop a mission and vision state that will guide our work. Learning is our primary focus here at the middle school. We believe this mission statement reflects our commitment to learning in addition to reflecting the district mission of "Lifelong learners, productive citizens."